Installation-steps of ReactJS in Visual-Studio-Code?
To install ReactJS in Visual Studio Code, you need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Install Node.js
- Visit the official Node.js website (Node.js) and download the latest stable version for your operating system.
- Run the installer and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Step 2: Create a new React project
- Open your terminal or command prompt.
- Navigate to the directory where you want to create your React project.
- Run the following command to create a new React project using Create React App:
npx create-react-app my-react-app
Replace "my-react-app" with the name you want to give your project.
Step 3: Open the project in Visual Studio Code
- Open Visual Studio Code.
- Click on "File" in the menu bar and select "Open Folder".
- Browse to the directory where you created your React project and select the project folder.
- Visual Studio Code will open the project folder.
Step 4: Install recommended extensions
- Visual Studio Code provides a list of recommended extensions for working with React projects. These extensions can enhance your development experience. You can see the list of recommended extensions by clicking on the Extensions icon in the sidebar (or by pressing `Ctrl+Shift+X`).
- Search for the recommended extensions for React and install them.
Step 5: Start the development server
- In Visual Studio Code, open the integrated terminal by clicking on "View" in the menu bar and selecting "Terminal" (or by pressing `Ctrl+` backtick `).
- Run the following command in the integrated terminal to start the development server:
Step 6: Verify the installation
- After running the above command, the development server will start, and you should see a message indicating the server is running.
- Open your web browser and visit `http://localhost:3000` (http://localhost:3000`). You should see the default React app running.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed ReactJS in Visual Studio Code and created a new React project. You can now start building your React application by modifying the code in the project's source files.